If you have knocked out a tooth, don’t panic. It may be possible to save the tooth. However, to save a tooth that has been knocked out, you must receive dental treatment as soon as possible.
If you’ve had a tooth knocked out, follow the below steps:
- Contact our office as soon as possible, let us know your tooth has been knocked out, and arrange a dental appointment
- Rinse the tooth (do not scrub it!) to clean off any debris or dirt
- Put the knocked-out tooth back in your mouth, either under your tongue or between your cheek and gum
- If it isn’t possible to put the tooth in your mouth, you can place it inside a clean cloth and put it in a container of milk
- DO NOT try to put the tooth back into the empty socket in your gum
- Go to the dental office for re-implantation
Re-implantation is only possible in some cases, and the procedure must be performed promptly for it to work.
Emergency Dentistry in Eagle River, AK
In our Eagle River dental office, we provide emergency dental services. If you’ve experienced a dental emergency, reach out to our dental office as soon as you can for advice and to set up an emergency dental appointment.
We will do our best to see you in our dental office as soon as we can. We know how scary a dental emergency can be. At Alpine Family Dentistry, Dr. Brett and his dental team are here to help you through those emergency situations with empathy, caring, and skill.