Alpine Family Dentistry uses leading-edge technology to improve patient comfort and deliver optimal treatment outcomes. One of the technologies we use is digital x-rays.
Dental x-rays help us see below the surface of your smile, including dental structures, tissues, jawbones, and more. With digital diagnostics, we can more accurately diagnose and treat dental concerns in the earliest stages, including tooth decay and infections.
Benefits of Digital Dental X-Rays
Digital dental x-rays also have numerous benefits:
- Speed – Digital intraoral scanning is immediate, unlike traditional x-rays that require film development.
- Safety – Digital x-rays reduce your radiation exposure by about 90 percent.
- Improved diagnostics – Digital scanning and x-rays are highly detailed and allow us to diagnose issues in the earliest stages.
- Improved patient education – We can display the digital scans and x-rays on our 43-inch televisions in each treatment room.
- Eco-friendly – Unlike film x-rays, digital scanning doesn't require harmful chemicals to develop the images.
- Easy access – We store your digital images and x-rays in your confidential patient record, which we can easily access to monitor your oral health. We can share your file with specialists or your insurance company with your permission.
Schedule Your Dental Exam in Eagle River
Our dental office welcomes patients of all ages from Eagle River, Chugiak, and the surrounding areas. Please get in touch with us today to schedule your dental exam with Dr. Brett Kocherhans at Alpine Family Dentistry.