Dental veneers are a great option when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. We consider dental veneers an investment in your smile, and our Eagle River dentists strive to give your teeth the shine you’ve always wanted.
How to Make Your Veneers Last
Well-maintained veneers have the potential to last decades. Seems worth it, right? The longevity of dental veneers depends on how well they are taken care of.
Here are some factors that will ensure a longer time span and protect dental veneers:
- Consistent and quality dental hygiene (brushing, flossing, mouthwash, etc.)
- Consumption of foods that generally aren’t harmful to regular teeth
- The use of a mouthguard while playing sports
- Having healthy teeth before veneer application
Factors that decrease the longevity of dental veneers:
- Gradual gum recession
- Grinding or clenching your teeth
- Junk food unhealthy for regular teeth
- Potential trauma causing cracks or fractures in teeth or veneers
- Poor dental hygiene
How To Care for Veneers
A good rule of thumb is to treat your veneers with care, just like regular teeth!
Visit us at our dental office in Eagle River! We proudly serve Chugiak and other nearby communities and would love to have a consultation with you about the possibility of dental veneers!